7.15.2010

Another good reason to stay married...

There's cute...and then there's Loulie Dasher.
These are the kind of thoughts that run through my completely biased mind at least three times a day. I know everyone feels this way about their child and that motherhood takes you to a level of insanity where everything that little person does is absolutely wonderful and perfect and genius.
I know all this and yet 10 times a day I act like she is the first person to ever learn how to hold a cup or laugh at Bridget or throw a tantrum in Target. But if I voiced all these things everywhere I went, I would become that nightmare mother that I promised myself I would never be. You know the one--the mother that goes on and on with ridiculously long, detailed stories about her child that only she finds amusing. Which brings me to my point...thank goodness for Bert!
He finds all my stupid, ridiculous, detailed tangents about Loulie as hilarious, entertaining and endearing as I do. Of course our relationship goes much deeper than parenting together but it is such an awesome gift to get to share Loulie together. And for that matter Bridget. It's nice to have someone that thinks the ordinary is a extrodinary as I do. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Bert to share these things with--guess I'd be staining the check out boy at Publix and having people run when they saw me coming. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment