8.18.2011

Some Things...

1. Last week was like tenth level of hell hot so we've spent a lot of time indoors which would explain why the majority of this post is on movies. We saw Crazy, Stupid, Love the other night--excellent! Definitely worth the cost of a ticket. Also, did you know that Tuesdays are $5 nights at Cinnebarre?

2. Rent Mao's Last Dancer like now! Pretty enlightening and in lieu of recent headlines, makes you still thankful for democracy. And if you need a good inspirational, slightly teenie bopper flick, grab up Soul Surfer at the redbox. I say this because I am always wanting good suggestions for movies and books. We rented Limitless the other night and in addition to being completely stupid, it was just gross. Sorry Bradley, your good looks didn't make up for this one. Does anyone else hate it when you waste 2hrs on a terrible movie or book. I've just done both and it always makes me mad because I keep thinking that time could have been spent doing something so much better. But the first two movies I named--very inspiring and worthy of two hours on a hot summer night!

3. Go Georgia Girl! Did anyone watch the SYTYCD finale? Though I am not a crier I found myself choked up most of the show. Those dancers are incredible. A friend and I were talking about how much dance has evolved since we were kids and how the dancers today just seem to be stronger and capable of so much more. It has been 4 1/2 years since I graced the ballet barre but I miss it all the time.

4. Trader Joe's--I love you! Thank you for selling bunches of lavender for $3. You make me happy and my kitchen smell wonderful. And now I don't have to stop in Atlanta to buy my tea tree shampoo and conditioner. (True story--every trip to Atlanta, I would stop to buy a bag full--ridiculous)

5. I just finished this. I've made a pact with myself--no more projects, sewing, painting, etc until my house is completely organized so this is probably my last summer design. But I have had this chambray since June and wanted to do something with it.

Hope everyone has a good week!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment