8.25.2011

Little Mae Mobley has me all wound up...

I've been up since 5:00 this morning which is completely unheard of since I have never been a morning person. But as I learned last night, in a few years this will become my normal. My friends and I had a much needed and much anticipated girls night to see The Help followed by dinner. Most of my friends had kids start kindergarten last week and since I love having friends a few steps ahead of me, I am always listening with ears wide open. I had been praying for these friends all last week as they embarked on this new stage and here is what I have gleaned from their experience so far...
a) I have never had to be anywhere consistently at 7:30 in the morning. My brain does not start working until about 9. As much as I hope to one day make the morning ride to school as pleasant as possible for Loulie, I know I will be that mother driving mascara-less in my nike shorts and sleep shirt through the carpool line only to realize that LB has left her lunch in the back seat. I know this about myself and I accept it--I just hope the rest of the PTA does too.
b) I am going to be completely devastated in 4 years when the Bug leaves me to go to school. I know I will be all like "Wait, you wouldn't let me shower by myself for years and now you're leaving. What am I supposed to do all day?!!!" So I've decided I will just go back to school wither her--it will be like Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School. Considering I don't remember a lick of algebra and my high school history teacher never bothered to cover WWI or WWII (sorry Dad--private school prob wasn't worth it), I think going back with Loulie is the perfect solution.


And bless her heart. Between spending all day Saturday with foster children at the beach, Tuesday night with children with special needs, seeing sweet little Mae Mobley in The Help last night and reading Bringing Up Girls; I am all kinds of wound up and mind buzzing on being thankful for that sweet bug and loving on her. I'm like white on rice with that child and I'm sure she wishes I would just stop reading these books and giver her a break.


But in all serious there is a time and season for everything and since I know busy schedules and early mornings and homework are all ahead of us in a few years, I want to be conscious and thankful for this time now.


Cheers to early mornings and carpool lines and to friends paving the way for me--I hope you are all taking notes!

Because I just can't help it....


No comments:

Post a Comment