11.01.2011

What's the hurry?

And just like that October is over. This is the time of year where I begin to feel like someone presses the fast forward arrow and everything starts going by a little faster than I would like. We got in the car after trick or treating last night and I checked my email only to receive one from a parenting/homemaking website that had sent out a blast at 5:35 p.m. Subject was "7 Little Things to Make your Thanksgiving Memorable." Followed by a trip to Target today where we passed aisle after aisle of Christmas decor. (on a side note: the OCD in  me could never work at Target. I would go so postal on the first person that undid my neat display.)
I resisted the urge to panic and yell at anyone who would listen that we are not in a race to see who can celebrate the holidays the earliest and with the most stuff. Instead, Loulie and I continued to honor our post Halloween hangover with a little flea of dog, went home and took down another handful of tootsie rolls, walked the neighborhood, counted everyone's pumpkins and put on her costume for the millionth time this week.
I can now say after my blood has officially turned to corn syrup, I am ready to move on to November.


(Here is the part of the post where I stain you with pictures of my Elmo Ballerina.)











Gators wear jean shorts,


Lauren 


(sorry--I couldn't help it! We won!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Too Cute! I hope you all are having a wonderful time during all of these festivities! LOVE the Georgia dress!!!

    ReplyDelete