10.04.2010

30 is the new 20 and other lies we've told

It's Monday. I'm exhausted. I'm sore. My cheeks hurt.
Illness?--No!
Too much exercise?--Hardly!
Recovering from a weekend with friends--Absolutely!
In an effort to lessen the blow of turning 30, my college friends planned a reunion weekend at Sea Island, GA. A lot of times when planning a girls' trip, only a few people can come. With the exception of a few that couldn't make it, we had 17 show up with some flying from as far as NY and TX. The entire long weekend was incredible! It was so good to be around friends that I have known for over a decade now. We have been through break ups, birthdays, the loss of parents, marriage, job changes, moving, birth of our children and through it all have remained close. We may go for months without talking but pick right up where we left off within seconds of seeing each other again. There is absolutely no filter when we are together and I love that I can honestly be myself around them (and they love or at least tolerate me anyway). I am so lucky to have each one of them as friends and I am still on a high after a great weekend together...

Our sweet and very generous friend Floyd hosted us at her in-laws' amazing beach home. We were all able to stay together and just enjoy each others' company. We told old stories--the kind that get better and more exaggerated with each telling! We reminisced about old times and caught up on what everyone is doing now. We spent one day on the beach but mostly spent time on the screened in porch and around the hot tub...
We went to delicious dinners...
We went dancing.


But mainly we just hung out...
And laughed...
It was nice to not have the pressure of being somewhere, getting up early and having a to do list to complete. We just relaxed and had fun! I hope it won't be 5 years before we do it again. Love, love, love and best wishes to all these girls for a happy 30th decade of good times ahead!!!

I gotta go (baby climbing up my leg, dog who hasn't been fed in days and a pile of laundry--oh reality) but I'll try to post pics of the beach house later this week. It was definitely not your everyday beach shack!

No comments:

Post a Comment