12.01.2010

For 1980/81 babies...

I found this list online a few weeks ago. I thought it was a little funny, somewhat thought provoking and a little stupid. Some I have never done, some I am definitely still doing and some I have already left in my mid twenties. For those of you born in 1980/1981 here is a checklist for you!

  1. 1. Buying clothes from the junior section. Hate to admit it--still hit that section sometimes. It's more economical
  2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays. Would not ever forget--October 19th and February 16th
  3. Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention. Umm--no thanks, not ever.
  4. Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. Again, no thanks.
  5. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many). Between Bert, Bridget and sometimes Loulie, my bed is already a little full but Holley Dog is upstairs in my closet.
  6. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years. Can't even validate this with an answer
  7. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents. Never did this--love them, they're the best!!!
  8. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.” Again, never.
  9. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school. No, I think the fact that they are probably in jail is resolution enough for me.
  10. Skipping regular gyno exams. No comment
  11. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face. Are you kidding?--My skin is the one thing I am paranoid about now. I actually just splurged on my first old lady product--a DDX Revolver.
  12. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party. Did this once at 23, never again.
  13. Crushing on Justin Bieber. More like Taylor Lautner and turning 30 or 40 0r 60 will not change mine and Taylor's relationship ;)
  14. Thinking she’s got it all figured out. I daily wake up trying to remember my own name. I would never make this claim.
  15. Calling her father “daddy.” What would you have me call him, Big Tom?
  16. Engaging in sibling rivalry. Peaks and valleys on this one.
  17. Trying to get by on her looks. Don't think I would have gotten very far even in my early 20s
  18. Living paycheck to paycheck. This is not an age issue--it's a 2010 issue.
  19. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her.
  20. Aimlessly jumping from job to job.
  21. Using MySpace to pick up guys. Strange and dangerous
  22. Expecting a man to do all the wooing.
  23. Wishing she had someone else’s life. Is it so wrong to envy Kate Middleton?
  24. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ...
  25. ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her.
  26. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale.
  27. Being cheap. Or you could call it thrifty
  28. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!).
  29. Blaming her mother for all her issues. I blame Obama.
  30. Romanticizing her 20s. Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment